Saturday, January 26, 2013

Christmas!

I know, it's almost February! But I have been a little busy.  Mom and Dad came to visit on December 18th and stayed 12 glorious nights.  So the beginning of December was prepping for their visit, we had a great time while they were here and it has taken me this long to get over the fact that they left and be able to post these pictures without crying.  Oh, and I've been home schooling, cooking, cleaning, baking, making new friends, keeping old ones and baking some more.  So here it is, the highlights of December, I know a few of you will go to the picasa link and see all the pictures, for the rest of you I'll try to post just the cream of the crop!
 I can't tell you how much I love this picture! Our Advent celebrations continued and the Givler family was able to join us for our second celebration, otherwise known as Emma's Advent Day!  We went to the zoo and then came home and had dinner with David, Kathy and Lindsey.  It was Emma's turn to choose our dinner, and she chose mac-n-cheese, Velveeta Shells and Cheese from the box.  I knew I couldn't serve just that to our guests, so I also made pork roast and carrots and potatoes but what did Pastor Givler like the most?  The mac-n-cheese, just like Emma :)
 The ladies from church put together a Christmas cookie exchange and party.  It was a great time! We sang and listened to a devotional and did crafts and ate cookies!  I love my new church family!
 Our neighborhood also had a Christmas party.  There is a man who lives here who looks like Santa and every year he dresses up and has all the kids come and have pictures taken with him.  They also did a caroling hay ride around the neighborhood. We are so blessed with kind neighbors!
 I was so excited to hang the kids stockings on the mantle!  We have used the fire place a lot!  It has been pretty cold here and we LOVE it!  Belle likes it too!
The third Advent Celebration was Nathaniel's Day!  The boys (and Dad) went to see the Hobbit movie and we ate Cheddy Brats, and counted 3 more Night Nights until Grammie and Papa come!!
 We had such a great time playing tourist in our new hometown!  It was cold, as you can see but we didn't mind, we did it all, even the boat ride on the Riverwalk after dark to see the beautiful Christmas lights!
Some of you may not know that Dad was stationed at Lackland AFB in San Antonio 50 years ago.  His parents brought Mom down to visit him for Christmas.  Somewhere behind them in this picture is where they bought Mom's wedding ring.

  We baked Grammie's famous brownies and Papa and the boys did some yard work to surprise Kevin.
 We loved our visit to Fredericksburg and the World War II museum.  It was incredible!

We visited the very spot in Brackenridge Park where Dad asked Mom to marry him. How romantic :)

 Yes, one day we were bundled up in ski jackets and the next we were in shorts. Welcome to Texas!
Of course Papa's trip would not be complete without a train ride at the zoo!

 We went up in the Tower of the Americas on a beautiful, sunny but cold Christmas Eve.
 The kids really enjoyed the 4D movie at the Tower
 and stayed until after sunset to see the awesome view!
On Christmas morning, all the kids gathered anxiously at the top of the stairs.
 I will have to post video of this event from Christmas morning! It was hilarious!
One of the last things we did was try to get on base to visit Dad's old stomping grounds.  They didn't buy our story though, there's no way this guy is old enough to have been in Basic training 50 years ago.  We had to stay outside the gates.

Here's a link to the other pictures for those of you who want more.
Christmas Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment