Monday, December 3, 2012

Fall Fun!

Okay well I guess I'm a binge and purge type of blogger.  This is a random post of the fun goings on that have been happening in the Neufeld home over the last few weeks.  Enjoy!

Kevin and I went to Wurstfest this year to get a little taste of our German heritage.  It was acually a lot of fun.  We left early before it became a drunk fest.  Emma was the only child interested in joining us so it was a fun time to spend with her.

There was beer. . .
 Yodelling. . .

 Cheddy Brautwurst and deep fried oreos (and corn on the cob to balance it all out). . .

 Dancing. . .

Okay, the weather here is very strange for us dry heat Arizonans.  It will be 80 degrees one day, pour rain all night and be in the 60's the next day.  It's random and extreme and we are totally LOVING it!!  We were able to have a fire in the fireplace the other night!  It was so fun!  Wait until you see my mantel with stockings hanging from it. . . dream come true!  (I haven't had a fireplace since I was a kid)



For Thanksgiving we joined couple of wonderful families from church at their house.  I wish I had taken more pictures of the beautiful people and yummy food, but it was the fun pets they shared with our usually squeemish kids that captured my attention.  Most of their 11 kids are girls so Caleb and Nate had to look tough and hold the lizard.  They did draw the line at the tarantula and snake.  Emma on the other hand, had no problem holding anything they handed her.  She has no fear!




Then the Christmas decorations started coming out and the kids are having a blast.  Here is Caleb as Rudolph pulling "Santa" in his sleigh with a bag of toys to deliver.  


We were so excited to attend a special performance of the Nutcracker ballet at the famous Majestic Theater in downtown San Antonio.  We were there with a homeschool group and lots of other school groups.  Our seats were front and center. It was great to be able to see everything so well, even the symphony in the orchestra pit!


See the orchestra pit behind Emma's legs?

 This is the beautiful theater!


I snapped this on our way back to the car, the Riverwalk is below.  It was really cold that day, so fun!


This is FALL COLOR in my own back yard!  It's even more bright orange now!  I can't tell you how excited I was to see this the other day!


We have continued our tradition of special celebrations on the 4 Sundays of Advent.  We have tweaked it a little for our new San Antonio lifestyle.  We are celebrating on Saturday evenings instead of Sunday because we have Fellowship meals at church every Sunday.  For our first celebration, William picked pancakes for dinner and a trip to the park, this is one of those random 80 degree days.  We had planned to have a family photo taken but Kevin came down with the flu we have all had so we are putting that off for another week.


We are really enjoying San Antonio, making good friends and settling in to our new home.  We still miss everyone in Phoenix very much!  We are counting down the days until Grammie and Papa arrive for their visit.  Don't tell them, but I don't plan on letting them leave :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The bratwurst, corn on the cob, and deep-fried oreos look like something to try sometime! Yum!
    We get quite a bit of extreme weather here too... mainly the rain kind:)! But look at the bright side (as long as you do not have to chop the wood), you can have a fire every day here:0)!
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete