I can remember my parents singing this ditty when it was time for me to go back to school. We actually sing it because it is football season. . . but I digress. It is back to school time at the Neufeld Acadamy. Caleb is in 7th Grade, Nathaniel is in 5th Grade, Emma is 3 and William is 23 months.
Caleb is taking a class called Omnibus with a group of homeschooled kids. It covers Ancient Literature, History and Bible. He has already read Til We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis, The Tablet of Gilgamesh, and the Codes of Hammurabi and it's only been 5 weeks. Next up is Homer's Odyssey and The Magician's Nephew. He loves the deep discussion with the class of mostly boys. He is also taking Physical Science at Emmanuel Co-op. At home he studies Algebra, Latin, grammar, logic and spelling. It's a full plate, but he hasn't complained yet! Nathaniel is taking writing, science and art at Emmanuel Co-op and he loves every minute! He's been really diligent about doing his homework. At home he studies ancient history, math, Latin, grammar, spelling, reading and typing. He's currently reading Treasure Island by Robert L. Stevenson. It took some coaxing to get him into it but he's more than halfway through it and really enjoying it!
I started a pre-school co-op at Emmanuel that meets on Thursdays at the same time as the big boys. Emma calls it her "clown school" and she LOVES it. William tolerates it as long as I don't leave his sight. We are singing songs, learning memory verses, catechism questions, finger painting, play dough, books, letters, colors and lots of fun!! Can I just say once again. . . I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING!
HA! So fun. We have the same outfit for Miss L in 24 months. It's one of my favorites!
ReplyDelete