Monday, October 11, 2010

Alien Hail




I've been really struggling to have a good attitude about the weather here in Phoenix over the last few weeks.  It has been up close to 110 still and I'm so tired of it.  Last week, it was like the heat and the nice cool Fall weather were battling to see who would win.  One day I ran an errand in the afternoon and when I got in the car the temperature read 109, while I was in the store a storm moved in and it was breezy and cloudy when I headed home.  When I returned to our driveway it had been 1.5 hours and the temperature was now 88.  Shortly after that the wind kicked up and the rain poured and the hail started.  I ran outside to pull the Tahoe into the garage just in time before this CRAZY alien hail hit.  It was almost the size of baseballs and it was all spiky and sharp.  It shredded the sunscreens on the windows on one side of our house and broke the glass in one window.  It was amazing.  We have had a few cool evenings since then but now it's back to 95 and sunny and I'm almost wishing for the alien hail to come back.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you could look at the funny side of thing and adapt the new terminology ;)

    ReplyDelete